Honeynut Squash Parfait
4-5 honeynut/babynut squash
1/4t cream of tartar
2/3c date powder
1T vanilla (I used liquid vanilla in glycerin to enhance the texture)
¾-1c aquafaba (I used chickpea juice, could use white bean or any other bean)
Fork poke and roast 4 or 5 whole honeynut/babynut squash in air fryer or oven at 400 degrees until very tender. When cool enough to touch, cut open and gently scoop out seeds, carefully leaving flesh intact. With skin on, cut into chunks and blend in blender until pudding-like texture.
- Drain and save the liquid from a can of UNSALTED chickpeas or white beans. (I used some I had frozen for future use and it worked great.)
- Pour 3/4 cup of the liquid in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Use a mixer and beat the liquid until it starts to get foamy.
- Add 1/4 tsp cream of tartar and continue to mix for 5 minutes on high until it becomes very fluffy and forms stiff peaks.
- Add 1 tbsp vanilla and continue to beat for another minute. (It will turn light brown for a minute, but then turn white again as it beats in).
- Slowly add 2/3 cup powdered date powder while continuing to mix on high until all vanilla and sugar are mixed in and the mixture if very fluffy. Mix for a total of 9-10 minutes for whipped cream that will hold its fluffiness the longest.
In tall glass alternating the pudding, cinnamon, whipped cream, cinnamon, pudding, etc. – ending with whipped cream and a light sprinkle of cinnamon.
We would like to thank our wonderful customer, Gretchen, for sharing this delicious recipe with all of us!!